Things to Do in Sonoma County
By Maja Wood
- Event Listing for This Month plus Highlights
- Annual Events
- Food and Wine Events
- Enjoy The Great Outdoors
Event Listing for This Month plus Highlights
Find a listing of current happenings, plus view articles about must-see events for the month such as top festivals, holiday celebrations, special events, current exhibits and more.
These are the events and holiday celebrations that take place each year in Sonoma County. They are listed in (more-or-less) chronological order.
- New Year's Eve
- Valentine's Day
- St. Patrick's Day
- Earth Day
- Cinco de Mayo
- Mother's Day
- Fourth of July
- Cotati Accordion Festival (August)
- Kendall-Jackson Heirloom Tomato Festival (September)
- Kathmandu Festival (September)
- Fall Festivals and Pumpkin Patches
- Harvest Fair and the World Championship Grape Stomp (October)
- Sonoma Heritage Tour
Food and Wine Events
Sonoma County is a world-renowned food and wine region. And the locals love to celebrate their foodie lifestyle whenever possible. Every weekend (and sometimes it seems like every day) there's some kind of event designed to pay homage to fine food, fine wine, and joyful living.
- Kendall-Jackson Heirloom Tomato Festival
- Russian River Wine and Food Affair
- Red & White Ball
- Winter Wineland
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
- Beaujolais Nouveau Celebration
- Wine Tasting at the Sonoma County Harvest Fair
Enjoy The Great Outdoors
The Pacific Ocean and the Russian River, mountains and redwood forests...just try telling a local that Sonoma County isn't the most beautiful place on earth. Don't worry. We won't bite your head off. Instead we'll just politely smile and say, "Glad you think so. Please go live somewhere else." And then we'll go about our merry way and enjoy the great bounty that Mother Nature has lain before our feet.