DowntownThere are three parts to downtown Santa Rosa:
- is the middle section of the downtown area
- is located where Hwy. 101 and Hwy. 12 meet
- is usually referred to as “The Downtown Mall”
- is the main mall in town and features approximately 110 specialty stores including Abercrombie & Fitch, Ann Taylor Loft, Banana Republic, BeBe Sport, The Body Shop, The Disney Store, Gap, Victoria's Secret and more.
- is anchored by Macy's, Mervyn's and Sears
- is the eastern section of the downtown area
- When people say “downtown” they are usually referring to this area.
- Courthouse Square is the city center. It is located on either side of Mendocino Ave. at 3rd and 4th Streets.
- Fourth St. is the main street in downtown and it is lined with many locally-owned stores, restaurants, beer pubs, bookstores and coffee shops. Several bars and nightclubs are in the immediate area.
- Many of the city administration buildings are located toward the southwest corner of downtown, in the area around 1st St. and D St.
- Points of interest include the Luther Burbank Home and Gardens.
- is the western side of the downtown area
- is the historic section of downtown and many of the shops are housed in turn-of-the-century stone buildings.
- Some of the city’s best restaurants, antiques stores and coffeehouses can be found in this lively sector.